Sunday, October 23, 2022

A few days ago, my good friend Mr. Murali sent me this newspaper cutting that appeared in The Star 30 years ago, which carried a story by him about litter Shalini who needed financial assistance for an urgent heart disorder treatment. Murali bought Shalini and her mother to my office for help. I was then a State Assemblyman, I appealed for help from the public through The Star and very soon we had successfully raised enough funds for her treatment. 

 

I met her mother by chance recently, and I was so happy to hear that Shalini is now leading a normal life. She is now over 40 years old.

 

Happy Deepavali to Shalini, her family, and all my dear friends from FB.

 

我的好朋友,也是星报记者Murali先生,前几天从马六甲寄给我一份剪报,这是他30年前在该报的一份报道,讲述一位印裔小女孩Shalini 正需要一笔钱进行一项紧急的心脏手术。当时我是州行政议员,MuraliShalini和她母亲来见我,通过星报和善心人士的协助,我们很快就筹足了款项,顺利让她动了手术。

 

几月前,我巧遇她的母亲,很高兴得知,她女儿如今一切安好,过着正常人的生活。Shalini已是40多岁的妇女了。

 

在此祝愿Shalini、她的家人和所有朋友,屠妖节快乐!




No comments: